dimanche 20 janvier 2013

Don Henley - The Boys of Summer


C'est dimanche, pas beaucoup de news à se mettre sous la dent, j'ai envie de faire un post, mais j'ai la flemme de me mettre à écrire un article vraiment original.

It's sunday, not many news today, I want to post something on the blog, but I feel too lazy about writing some original stuff.

C'est un moment idéal pour devenir nostalgique ! ---- Perfect time for being nostalgic!

Je me rappelle de 1984, c'était une année géniale musicalement, le big rock déboulait des US et la perfide Albion nous envoyait des tonnes de new wave par les ondes. Et au milieu de tout ça, Don Henley (qui s'était échappé des Eagles à ce moment là) arriva avec ce single parfait : The Boys of Summer.

I remember 1984, it really was a great year for music, big rock from the US and tons of new wave stuff from the UK on the radio. And in the middle of it, Don Henley (escaped from The Eagles by that time) came with that perfect single : The Boys of Summer. 

Pour la petite histoire le son principal de la chanson a été 'volé' à Neil Giraldo (le guitariste et mari de Pat Benatar) pendant l'enregistrement de la chanson Love is a Battlefield. Henley passait dans le studio d'enregistrement pendant que Giraldo faisait des essais et écoutait la chanson à un tempo plus élevé. Henley demanda si il pouvait utiliser ce son là pour sa propre chanson et Giraldo donna son accord.

For the record, the main sound of the song was 'stolen' from Neil Giraldo (Pat Benatar's guitarist and husband) during the recording of the song Love Is a Battlefield. Henley came in the studio while Giraldo was in the process of trying some new things and was listening to the song using an up tempo beat. Henley asked if he could steal that sound for use in his song, to which Giraldo gave his permission.

La chanson parle du temps qui passe, du passage de la jeunesse à l'age mur et des souvenirs de nos anciens amours ; et de cette époque dorée qui ne reviendra jamais. Ce passé que tu voudrais laisser derrière toi, oublier, mais aussi fort que tu puisses essayer, tu n'arrives toujours pas à l'effacer de ton esprit. Pour de multiples raisons, cette chanson me touche beaucoup, les mots sonnent 'justes' ... Il y a peu de chansons qui me 'hantent' vraiment à travers les années, The Boys of Summer fait définitivement partie de cette liste.

The song speaks about time passing by, about the passing of youth and entering middle age, the souvenirs of our past loves ; and of this golden age that will never come back. That past that you know you should left behind, forget about it, but as hard as you may try, you're still unable to erase it from your mind. For many reasons this song really touches me deep inside, the words they just sound 'right' ... Only a few songs are really 'haunting' me throughout the years, The Boys of Summer is definitely on that list.

Don Henley - The Boys of Summer [Original Video]

Don Henley - Boys Of Summer by jpdc11
 
Don Henley - The Boys of Summer [mp3 HQ 320 kbps]



Nobody on the road
Nobody on the beach
I feel it in the air
The summer's out of reach

Empty lake, empty streets

The sun goes down alone
I'm driving by your house
Though I know you're not home

But I can see you

Your brown skin shining in the sun
You got your hair combed back and your
Sunglasses on, baby
I can tell you my love for you will still be strong
After the boys of summer have gone

I never will forget those nights

I wonder if it was a dream
Remember how you made me crazy
Remember how I made you scream
Now I don't understand
What happened to our love
But babe I'm gonna get you back
I'm gonna show you what I'm made of

I can see you

Your brown skin shining in the sun
I see you walking real slow
Smiling at everyone
I can tell you my love for you will still be strong
After the boys of summer have gone

Out on the road today

I saw a deadhead sticker on a cadillac
A little voice inside my head said:
"Don't look back, you can never look back"
I thought I knew what love was
What did I know?
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but,

I can see you

Your brown skin shining in the sun
You got the top pulled down
Radio on baby
I can tell you my love for you will still be strong
After the boys of summer have gone

I can see you

Your brown skin shining in the sun
You got your hair slicked back and those
Wayfarers on, baby
I can tell you my love for you will still be strong
After the boys of summer have gone

Don Henley - The Boys of Summer [Live - Inside Job 2001]
Don Henley - The End Of Summer (Live, Inside Job) by zocomoro

Bonus :  2 reprises / / 2 covers

The Ataris - Boys of Summer (Studio Version)

 DJ Sammy - Boys Of Summer (Deutsche Short Version) (Official Video)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire